Click image to zoom
75th Anniversary Of Saint-Lo Liberation
A view of the national stud farm of Saint-Lo (French: Haras National de Saint-Lô). The current buildings were erected between 1882 and 1890, on a site of about 7.50 hectares. The site was destoyed during the Second World War, after American bombardments caused heavy damage in town (up to 95% of the city was destroyed) and a high number of casualties, which resulted in the martyr city being called "The Capital of Ruins". Then only a few days ago, a violent fire destroyed half of the stable on the night of 11th to 12th, July 2019. There were no casualties and the horses were evacuated quickly. On Monday, July 8, 2019, in St-Lo, Normandy, France. (Photo by Artur Widak/NurPhoto)
Photo Details
| Photo ID | #4690436 |
|---|---|
| Date Taken | |
| Location | N/A |
| Photographer | Artur Widak/NurPhoto |
| Category | Human Interest |
| Copyright | © 2026 NurPhoto - Artur Widak/NurPhoto |
Related Keywords
75th Anniversary
American bombardments
Battle of Normandy
Celebration
D-Day
D-day Landings
Destroyed
Editorial
Europe
France
Haras National de Saint-Lô
History
La Manche department
Major Howie
Normandy
Saint Lo
Saint-Lô
St-Lo
St-Lo liberation
The Capital of Ruins
US army
Washing of the Feet
battle
casualties
commemoration event
fire Haras St Lo
heavy damage
incident
liberation
martyr city
national stud farm
violent fire
ww2
Garden
flower
grass
outdoor
sky
plant
site
Haras National
martyr city
national stud farm of Saint-Lo
high number of casualties
French
American bombardments
heavy damage
town
World War
half
Artur Widak
NurPhoto
view
Saint-Lô
Normandy
France
night
Capital of Ruins
current buildings
days
hectares
horses
2026 NurPhoto. All rights reserved.
This image is the property of NurPhoto and is protected under international copyright laws.